The best running shoes for shin splints are vital when you intend to pursue an intensive walking or running program. Shin splint injuries are common and happen due to a drop in the foot’s arch. The arch drop causes muscle to be gradually ripped apart from the bone as a result of stress. The initial step to take if you have a shin splint problem is to get the proper shoes. At this juncture, it is vital that you seek running shoes with the right motion control, cushioning and stability. The motion control aspect helps in controlling the movement of your foot and also keeps it aligned with the ankle and knee. Quality cushions and shock absorbers on the other hand, assist in softening your running impact.
Several running shoes are available on the market with specific designs aimed at helping you tackle the problem of shin splints. These shoes are able to absorb shock and provide quality cushioning and stability to your run. The Asics GEL series which comprises of Kayano, Evolution and Nimbus styles; the New balance 850 series; Adidas Supernova sequence; the Mizuno wave series; and shoes from Brooks have been widely used by marathon runners to solve the shin splints problem. Here are the details of the best running shoes for shin splints:
1. 1. Shoes from Asics- the Asics GEL series is a favourite choice to a number of runners for many reasons: It towers above the rest on the aspect of motion control, it provides you with proper support for flat arches with its high quality- GEL formula cushioning, it also enables you to achieve the right stability required for support of your knees and ankles. The shoes are durable and able to withstand extensive running. You can get Asics GEL series shoes in most of the sporting items stores at reasonable prices.
2. Shoes from Brooks- These are considered as one of the best running shoes for shin splints. The Brooks Beast 7 is your shin splint solution with a unique system for cushioning. While Brooks was a popular shoe used by many competitive runners, it has since become mainstream and more affordable. The Beast is a brand with a special design suited for shin splints, due to its highly effective shock absorbing and cushioning properties.
3. Shoes from Mizuno- the Mizuno Wave Legend provides you with much needed stability and comfort regardless of whether you are an average walker or a competitive runner. The composite wave technology soles from Mizuno give you a wide base, coupled with a rigid, twin-wave plate for the right stability.
4. New Balance Shoes- the New balance series has an array of running shoes that are familiar to most runners. The New Balance 850 series provides the right blend of cushioning and movement control to assist your run in case you suffer from shin splints. The New Balance 850 series has a ‘Stabil Core’ feature; which replaces the industry standard harder foam compound post in the shoe midsole with a plastic element; this helps in providing additional rigidity for supporting collapsing arches.
5. Shoes from Nike- Nike Air Structure Triax is one of the best running shoes for shin splints. with the Nike Air Structure Triax, you are able to experience an improved cushioning with its soft and new 5mm rubber layer that spreads atop. It offers you with good motion control and stability while running.
If you developed shin splints after several months of running with the same shoe, then perhaps it’s time to replace them with the best running shoes for shin splints. Worn out shoes do not have sufficient padding to absorb the shock while you run. You can detect the wear of a running shoe by viewing the inside padding or the bottom for the state of the treads. Replace your shoe after every 300 to 500 miles. Get the best running shoes for shin splints and boost your running experience.